Tuesday, January 2, 2018

My Re-Introduction


This is my return foray into the world of a blog. I want to use this space to share writings and ideas in the general theme of looking at life in a whole or “systems“ view.

First about me. I am an Alabama born, Mississippi raised southerner. I am a son of the South and I make no apologies for it, but I have lived and traveled well beyond the south. I spent nearly 40 years in the world of engineering in the nation space program, including almost 30 years with NASA. I am not, however, blogging in, or as a NASA official. This is my personal blog and is in no way the official policy of any organization. All of these thoughts, ideas and beliefs are my own and can be subject to change.

I am also a Christian, which means I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I do not condone any discrimination for those of other, or even no faith. I also don’t believe my faith must fail to permeate what I think, in order not to offend those who do not believe as I do. This will be a professional blog, and anything that doesn’t fit that will not be welcome here. I want to engage in the lost art of civil, reasonable discourse at all times.


I believe my experiences of working in complex projects over the years has helped to develop applications of techniques and models they can help others order their lives and work. My work is shown me that extremism is dangerous, extreme risk is bad, but extreme risk aversion is also detrimental. Reason and balance should always carry the day. So In my next post, I want to talk about what matters to me, and why I think it should matter to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment